Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Wells of Salvation

"With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation. And you will say in that day: Give thanks to the Lord, call on his name; make known his deeds among nations; proclaim that his name is exalted." Isaiah 12:3-4

I recall only one well from which I have ever drawn water; it was at my grandparent's farmhouse. It was good water, cold and refreshing on hot summer days. As a young boy, I remember being confused about the well water though! I was afraid that my grandparents underestimated how much water to put in the well. What if we ran out of water!?

I love the language of drawing "from the wells of salvation!" Salvation here is never something we put in to draw back out later on when it is needed. We could never claim any part of it! Indeed, salvation is something that comes from the depths of the Lord. And there is plenty of it to go around, and more than one well.

Remember during this break to take a drink. Draw from the wells of salvation today! How do you do that? Thank the Lord! Call on his name! Tell someone about how God has worked among us recently! Lift up God's name!

No comments: