Thursday, December 22, 2011

Wait a Second!?

I hope you are enjoying the change of pace that comes with Christmas break! You've been waiting for it with great vigor! Your eyes have been on this season for a while!

As you think about this season for which you've been eagerly anticipating, hear this word from Isaiah 25:9:
"Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, so that he might save us. This is the Lord for whom we have waited; let us be glad and rejoice in his salvation."
I love how Isaiah talks as if he can see the Lord right there in front of him. "There he is! Look at Him! Look how awesome He is!" This text forces me, as I continue this Christmas Break Exercise, to look around while I'm on break. The Lord is here! I've been waiting for this time. God is amazing! Let us be glad...no exuberant...about the salvation the Lord has provided!

No comments: