Saturday, December 24, 2011

God Hugs

"Hey man!" the guy says getting my attention. Without invitation he invades my personal space and gives me a comforting hug. "You look like you needed a hug!" I did need that hug, and I appreciated it very much. Yes, two grown men hugging is cool!

As I've mentioned before, I think God likes to surprise us with hugs, especially for those of us who show and receive love through touch. What I cherish about God hugs are the disguises in which they come. Here is a brief list of God hugs I've received lately:

  • An actual, meaningful hug
  • A person told me that they'd been praying for me (without me asking!)
  • I watched the wind sneak through a forest
  • I heard the apt words of a prophet to me
  • A killer, awesome food gift given out of the blue
  • I found out that someone talked good about me behind my back
  • I watched my kids point their friends to Jesus

God wants to hug you! He has probably done it many times over today already. He disguises himself so well that we have to spend regular time becoming more familiar with them. How have you experienced God's hugs lately?

No comments: