Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Kayla at Work

We have been planning on Kayla spending time at the Student Center with me for some time. This will give Tanya a much-needed break. Well, the time has now come.

Today is the first day that I have brought Kayla up to the office with me. During a normal semester this would not be too much of a problem. There are students all over the place who can at least entertain her for a little bit. In other words, I don't have to always be the one watching her and figuring out things for her to do.

That is good, but school is in between semesters right now. I have not seen anyone at the Student Center for over a week now. SO...I am the one making sure she is not getting into everything. When she gets tired of one thing, we must go on to the next. This takes some creativity on my part. What a joy it is to figure this out!

Yesterday I spent a good amount of time getting together a pile of papers that she could sort through. The papers were all trash, but she didn't know that. Well...that only lasted two minutes! There went that plan. Oh well!

The joy of parenting! I love it. God, please give me strength...and creativity.

No comments: