Wednesday, May 23, 2007

"Don't Waste Your Life"

I just finished this book written by John Piper. Great book that I suggest be read. He spends a good amount of time challenging me to consider the opportunities I have before me all the time. When I don't take advantage of these, I waste my life.

I really like the chapter that challenged the kind of lifestyle that prevents wasted lives. My use of money and my attitude toward possessions needed some focus. He uses a wartime type of mindset to advocate living for Jesus. The stories he tells of people from various wars in history brought me to tears! Kids becoming war heroes who did not consider their own lives worth saving. I can't possibly recount all the stories, but this remains in my head: how many of our teenagers would really consider giving up their life for a greater cause? Not many that I know of. I'm not absolutely positive that I would either.

Anyway...good book. I'll let you borrow it if you come by my office sometime. Worth the read.

No comments: