Saturday, April 08, 2006

Prepare Thyself

Well, this week has flown by. I can't believe tomorrow is already Sunday. I guess I get another opportunity to worship God with the rest of the congregation. May God give me wisdom and strength to prepare my heart for offering up praises to Him.

It starts right now. Saturday night. What am I doing right now to prepare my mind for worship tomorrow morning with the assembly? I will read my Bible before going to bed. I will offer my heart up to God in prayer. I will ask God to show me mercy as I offer these things to him. I will sit and reflect on my day today and see where God was working. I will imagine my day tomorrow and how I can be an encouragement to those around me. As I prepare myself to serve on the table in a few minutes, may I recognize my humble state before the awesome God who offered himself for us.

Help me father in my times of weakness. When I don't feel like I know how to enter your presence, may you allow me the grace to proceed with an attitude of humility and fear. Enliven me with your Spirit through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chris, Your encouraging words about reflecting on your day to see where God was working, sent a good reminder for me to reflect on the same thing. I took note of that and today decided to look for where God might be working and try to join him in his work. I did that with Barry today. I received great surprise in what God said out of my mouth. How GREAT is OUR GOD! If you have time call me this week and I will share the experience with you. Love, Mom