Tuesday, February 07, 2012

The Profanity Plan

Do you have a plan for the next time you recognize your desire to unload all kinds of foul language? Most of us have no plan! Here is one suggested plan I offered last Wednesday night in our class discussing profanity.
  1. I will stop whatever I am doing the second I recognize it
  2. I will take a deep breath and close my eyes for 5 seconds
  3. I will say this phrase that I have already written down on a piece of paper in my pocket in that moment: “I desire to be an imitator of God as a dearly loved child and to live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.”
I wonder what would happen if we had that kind of plan to rid filthy language from our lips from which come both praise and curses! God may transform us yet!

What is your plan?

No comments: