Sunday, July 27, 2008

Assisted Living Singing

Tonight our SHARE group went to the Town Creek Facility to sing songs. We put our kids out there to sing various children's songs. The B-I-B-L-E, Jesus Loves Me (the clapping version), I'm All Wrapped Up, Blue Skies and Rainbows, and a few more. The kids had also colored some pictures to give to the people watching us from their wheel chairs. After putting our kids on display we felt compelled to sing a few classic hymns that opened a few eyes and perked up our audience. I saw one lady just close her eyes and mouth the words with a huge smile on her face.

This small (and for some awkward) offering had Jesus written all over it. Our little 30 minutes of time meant the world to these people whose routine consists of mainly hanging out in a common area waiting for someone to come talk to them.

I had a thought as I was wheeling one lady (ninety something years old...she couldn't remember) back to the common area. If the Lord blesses me with as many years, I pray that people come to see me to sing praises to God. What a blessing it was tonight.

No comments: