Monday, June 04, 2007

Routine Break

I am back from a week off of work. Time away is a good thing; it helps me refocus. I got to spend time with family and friends just enjoying being together. I played a lot of Mexican Train, 42, and Super Dominoes. I spent a lot of time with Kayla and Tyler, something I always enjoy. My sister was in town with her kids so I got to chill with her. I saw friends from McKinney and one from Japan! This time away from Huntsville was a good thing.

With this said, every time I go on vacation I learn again that I like routine. There is just something about going through a normal day that gives me some security, some peace, some contentedness to life. When there is no schedule, I am stretched. What am I going to do next? What am I not going to do next? Usually, without a schedule, I tend to want to do nothing. I usually don't accomplish much when I am on break. I guess that is a okay.

At the same time, breaks also help me remember that routine is not what brings about security, peace, and contentedness. God alone in Christ is what brings these things. So...when I am at home with routine or when I am on break without routine...my security, my peace, and my contentedness come from Jesus.

Where do you need to learn this in your life?

No comments: