Monday, January 22, 2007

Sunday Worship

I feel like I am talking about this a lot, but it continues to linger in my thoughts. Worship. Yesterday, worship was full for me. My heart was moved...I was engaged. I went home refreshed!

I look at the factors that brought about this in my heart. The song selection had a lot to do with it. C was singing, and he chose great songs. He always seems to do a great job leading us into the presence of God. To put it another way...the focus was rightly placed on God.

He accomplished this by starting songs from within the congregation; he began the song at his seat. I love it! He also focused our minds on what this song is accomplishing in our worship time. The songs were appropriate for their purposes.

Here is what really moved my heart: I was able to freely respond to my hearts' call to clap during appropriate songs. As I closed my eyes, I rejoiced in the presence of God singing, "Behold He comes, riding on the clouds, shining like the sun at the trumpet call..."

May God continue to lead us into his presence during our worship. Lord...revive us! Bring new wineskins so that we can carry the new wine. Let us be the new wineskins, Lord. Let us progress toward your presence according to your word. Amen!

No comments: