Monday, December 18, 2006

Running Progress

Well...I can't believe I haven't posted in so long!! Oh well...it changes now.

I have committed to run a half-marathon in the year 2007. I don't think this will be a problem...I just need to get my body in shape for it. Last weekend I hit the halfway mark. I ran 6.5 miles down Veterans Memorial Parkway. It was tough, but I know that I can reach my mark pretty soon. I plan to run 10 miles this week again down Veterans Memorial. After that it will only be 3 miles more.

I am encouraged to hit this mark...especially running down Veterans Memorial. It is really hilly...that is what makes it so tough. I figure that if I can run this the half-marathon won't be so bad...no way will it be THIS hilly.

The spiritual side of my running will continue to take form, but I offer these words. I definitely know that I am a beginner. In spite of this, I know my goal. It is encouraging to make so much progress, but I can't get discouraged when it doesn't go so well at times. All I can do is get myself in shape to take the next step. We must always keep going...it is not an option to give up. The kingdom of God is progressing through us. May God be praised forever!! Amen.

No comments: